Right then i have had no working onboard computer for well over a year now, so i have had a go at a how-to for people to save a fortune and mend it themselves.
Before i start i need to say:
*****I have performed the maintainace myself and i am comfortable with my ability to do so and i can not be held responsible if you damage your vehicle in an event to follow my guide.*****
Tools Required to complete the job.
1) Using a 10mm spanner disconnect the battery.
2) Adjust steering wheel so its as far out as possible.
3) Using philips head screw driver remove the screw on top of the steering column cover.
4) Seperate the upper and lower covers (couple of clips either side.)
5) Using a long thin flat head screw driver insert it through the slots in the back of the steering wheel. Push it in until you feel an obstruction then push it a bit further to releace the spring for the air bag. There is one each side. You might have to wiggle the bag as you do it.
6) With the airbag out of its home, unplug the two connectors in the top of the airbag.
7) Using a 16mm socket remove the bolt that holds the steering wheel on. (Its very tight.) Pull the steering wheel off and put on the back seat.
9) Using a torx socket remove the 4 bolts holding the slip ring on.
10) Pull the slip ring forward and unplug the white electrical connector from the back of the indicator stalk. Then pressing the connector at the top pull the indicator stalk off the slip ring.
11) Now venture inside, using a very small screwdriver undo the two gold coloured bolts and the clip of the oposite side of the bolts this will then open the unit.
12) Using a very small screwdriver prise the main stalk open and you should see the wiring.
13) Now i found with mine the blue wire had split causng all the problems so i simply extended both the blue and brown wire by about half an inch using some solder. This should gve it a bit more flexibility when indicating.
14) Once its all soldered put it all back together which is simple the reverse of the above.
15) When you come to putting the airbag in simply put it in the hole and push it bloody hard until it clips in.
16) Reconnect the battery turn the ignition on and scroll through the computer.
There you go a simple fix to the problem. it should only cost of few quid for the wire and solder.