I'm looking for some advice as this is driving me a bit nuts.
I've got a E90 LCI (2009) 330d and I've noticed that I'm getting low frequency vibrations coming from the steering wheel and pedals when the car is idle. It doesn't matter whether its from cold or if I've been driving it for a while.
When driving, the frequency of the vibrations increase. The faster the car goes, the frequency of the vibrations increases.
I wouldn't class the vibrations as a judder and I wouldn't class it as violent. It's like a low hum (if that makes sense). The upshot is that I end up with aches and pains in my wrists (after driving for over an hour) and I end up with some pain in my legs.
This is what I have had done:
1. Replaced all tyres (run-flats).
2. All wheels re-balanced (I know that this wouldn't affect the vibrations when idle).
3. Took the car to Coopers BMW (Croydon) for a diagnostic.
The technician told me that I should expect the steering wheel and pedals on all Diesel cars to vibrate (even though he didn't call it vibrations) due to the size of the engine etc. He also drove the car and didn't notice anything. He told me that the car was perfectly fine.
I then asked if they had a couple of other BMW 3 litre diesels that I could have a look at. I sat in a 530d (same age as my car and same engine) and the steering and pedals vibrated at a higher frequency than mine (it was more noticeable). I then sat in a 335d (E92 same age as mine) and the vibrations were exactly the same as mine). I didn't take the cars out for a drive.
So by all this I'm quite confused and unhappy. I'm really not sure what to do next. So, I have the following questions:
1. If you've got a E90 330d, do you feel any vibrations in the steering and pedals in idle?
2. When driving (any speed), do you notice the frequency of the vibrations increase?
3. Does anyone have the same experience where you end up with pains in your wrists and legs?
I do have a warranty with the car but it's proving a bit difficult when they don't think there is a problem with the car
Thanks in advance and any advice would be much appreciated. Right now, I'm feeling that I've made a big mistake in purchasing BMW and I'm not sure I would do so in the future