I have a BMW 318 E46 -02, motor N42. The swedish vehicle inspection has not approved my car because of following error codes:
• P0011 Camshaft Position (A) - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)
• P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1)
With my own BMW scanner 1.3.6 following error codes occur:
• DME 2731 Inlet camshaft control
• DME 2781 Camshaft sensor, intake
I have done following:
• Exchanged the cam chain tensioner to the newer design
• Swapped the two vanos solenoids with each other
• Swapped the two camshaft sensors with each other
• Cleaned the contacts of the senors and solenoids
The error codes (2731 and 2781) remain unchanged after these actions. I think the error codes should have changed to bank 2 if there is a problem with a solenoid or a camshaft sensor. If I erase the codes they comes back immediately as soon as I start the motor.
The motor runs well and the emission control made by the car inspection was ok.
Do you have any ideas what it can be?