First of all I have bought a black 316ti e46 2004 a few months back. it is rust free with 17" sport alloys and full black leather, the rear brake lines have all been replaced. I have replaced the seals in the brake vacuum pump, replaced the cam cover gasket (bmw) with a new one. replaced the solenoid o rings but unfortunately that's where the love affair with this car ends. its that full of issues. I do not plan on keeping it till after the mot date. well maybe?
The list of faults is endless. I will start with the usual.
1. it leaks oil from every orifice despite the gasket changes. ,
2. the brakes have a hard peddle. but does drop when car is started. vacuum appears to be working but requires an amount of pressure
3.the rear wiper operates the minute you start the car as though you have tried to spray the rear jet. another motor has since been fitted with a new cog inside missing the magnet, still does the same.
4.it doesn't seem to have heated side mirrors? should it?
5. the windscreen mists up on the inside all the time the weather is cold and damp.
6. the interior side map lights don't work. although it has new bulbs, the middle light does though.
7. the radio reception is the worst I have ever known.
8.it has no service book. I only found out after I bought it as the paper work was given after.
9.the car has had a new set of clocks reading 77k but have found paperwork from 2013 with 130k on the clock. again only found out after checking against paper work when I got home.
So I took the car to a local bmw specialist to be looked over. he said the car was good underneath and body work and where else could I find a car on a 2004 with no rust and leather with good sport alloys and 12 months mot for £850.
he did say though
rtab need replacing.
missing the spare wheel
missing the exhaust bracket
any advice on any of the issues? or shall I let it run out of mot and break it? or get a doner 330 and swap the lot over?