hello all. i need your help and advice on my car. please read my thread. thanks
my car is over heating so am a member of RAC recovery. i called them 3 days ago and the mechanic come and checked the car.
few things he checked after i told him about the heating problem
1) he open the radiator cap and filled in some water, it was pretty ful few hours earlied but i think he half litre in ( helf litre is gone missing in engine some where)
2) he looked around in but he didn't find any external leaking, he goes, if any pipe split or radiator problem then it the water leak will be slower but as i told him, it lose water like 5 -6 litre a day. so he goes water is going somewhere inside the engine so he goes its internal leaking.
3) from the exhaust pipe, water is dripping slowly and hence engine is hot but still white smoke coming out.
4) he said, it can't be thermostat or radiator because it wouldn't lose water that quick so he goes either its head gasket or water pump. but he goes, he think its head gasket is gone.
5) i asked him about compression test, he goes there is no need for that. you need to do CO test instead.
he goes, head gasket or pump is still a big job to do, if you will get it fixed, the mechanic will have to look all the bits like pump, pipes etc so it cost you around about 600 - 800 quid.
today i filled water into radiator and drove like 30-40 miles. it worked good, heating came on and lpg was working.
but coolant light keep coming on, so in between driving when car get cold, i checked the coolant, it was less. so i filled it again. but it never heat up.
in the end, when i was coming home, i saw a white smoke which i think was steam coming out of bonnet. i stopped the car and looked around, there were steam water near the radiator and from the radiator cap, little bit steam coming out and little bit water too.
i think, when all car coolant system is sealed then you can't hear gurgle noise if m right? you only hear the gurgle water noise when water is leaking out somewhere in a steam.
i went to a garage and told him everything and i also smell something coming out of heater, he said it might be engine burning the water. i am going to back to him on Friday to get it checked out
do you think, it is head gasket? as it run well for 40 miles but water little bit missing and there was NO water dripping from the exhaust today. it was bit leaking from the radiator cap and steaming from there too.
things getting worse with my car, now there is no white smoke from the back but i can see a proper bad leakage underneath my car, not a dripping but like you open the tap of water. in 5 mins, all radiator water is on the floor.
the leakage is not from the front but where the plastic cover is underneath, its coming from there.
what you all think, what it could be??????
sorry for this big essay but please do give me advice and if anyone have this problem, they can read all and get some help from this thread as well.