This fuuuuuUUUUUuuuucking car! - Nearly had an accident because of these issues!
Instead of writing a paragraph, I'm just gonna explain problems... individually.
I'm driving along the road @ 30mph, car's in 5th gear, and in a normal driving pace
- 10 minutes of driving, then suddenly
- The revs drop to 0RPM
- The power goes out
(the car is still moving, but slowing down terribly)
(the power goes out, the brakes are working but almost had an accident because no power = no brake lights to warn driving behind me...)
- The instrument cluster shows ONLY these lights ---> [Battery Symbol]___________[Oil Pan Symbol]______[Air bag light]
Whilst i'm safely parked away from road, I try to start the car.....While the key is STILL trying to start the car....
- The car keeps coughing & coughing ...............................and coughing.......
- The Instrument cluster FULLY illuminates this time.... (i can see all the symbols , etc...)
10 minutes later, i gave up..... It won't start...Just coughs....._____Bonnet gets opened for visual checks...
- Engine's warm
- Coolant is there (& warm)
- OIL Dipstick shows the car still has full OiL (i did an oil change a month ago)
- Fuel tank is HALF FULL (recently topped up this morning)
- No leaks anywhere, no wires disconnected...
_____________-I can't see anything else that could be faulty____________
- Switch off Radio, cut off all power to sound system amps, cut all power to interior gadgets... (disconnecting wires)
2nd attempt to start........then it keeps coughing....
- This means the disconnected interior gadgets & I.C.E units had nothing to do with this situation...
3rd attempt to start......THEN IT STARTS!!!!!!
5 minutes BEFORE i reach my house
- It cuts off again!
- Revs drop to 0 RPM
- Instrument cluster has NO LIGHTS ___except for Battery , Oil , Air Bag
I gave up & just pushed this fucking girl home.....URGH!!!
I'm not an expert at all but i'm guessing these *might* be the suspects:
- faulty alternator (not enough power/current for car ?)
- Injectors ? (car cuts off whilst driving)
- Fuel Pump ? (could be the reason why car keeps coughing while trying to start)
- Dodgy battery ? (....but the battery is reasonably new!)
Honestly i don't know Can anyone shed some light in to this ? I'm actually scared to drive my car now!