Good Morning! I have been having this issue with the front end of my car for quite some time. It is a rattle that is audibly the same when you hear it. Its literally sounds like two pieces of metal hitting each other. It happens when i hit light bumps in the road as well as big ones. Its so bad the cracks between concrete will create the sound. Crazy right? My troubleshooting so far:
- Had mechanic look over front end, no issues that he saw.
- Visually inspected the front struts and they aren't leaking fluid.
- performed bounce test on front struts
- With the truck on the ground hit the suspension parts to try and recreate the problem.
- Checked the tightness of the strut tower brace
- Replaced upper strut bearing
It is also making a creaking sound from the center of the dash when i back out of my driveway, or make sharp turns at low speed. Im not sure if this is a related problem or not.
Thanks a million guys, this is driving me crazy!