right so im starting a build in my bmw 5 series e60 im a novice compared to some you guys so looking for alot of help along the way, as other owners of the e60 will know they arnt the easyiest cars to do a build on as you cannot replace the factory headunits as they are part of idrive etc, i have also limited myself by deciding all my speakers will be fitted to factory locations only the amps in the boot will be on show oh i have the M-ASK headunit. so heres my plan
rainbow dreamline dl-c4.2 components (these will be in the front doors and rear shelf)
earthquake sws-8 (underseat subwoofers)
jl audio jx 360.4 (this will power the rainbows front and rear)
vibe A0 2 channel (this will power the earthquakes)
CONNECTINONS AND CABLES
knukonceptz bc-3448 kompression fuse distribution block
kca kable 4 gauge ultra fleks (jl audio 360.4)
need 8 gauge for vibe
knu klarity 2 channel RCA's
so my advice i need is
1. do i realy need the lc6i as both amps have hi level imputs my thinking is let the amps just be amps not convertors?
2. i have a second option on the earthquakes to fit some 8" rockford forsgate punch's but will have to make rings to get them to fit?
3. will i need a power cap?
4. i will be adding a processor possibly a bit one but what other options do i have?
5. what sound deadening should i go for thats not stupidly expensive?
6. if i use a lc6i should i mount it in the dash and run rca's to the amps in the boot or run speaker cable to the lc6i in the boot?
7. is there any things i have overlooked?
i already have the amps the vibe will be replaced in a few months for a jl audio counterpart but the rest will be getting ordered in the next few days
oh and the jl audio i picked up on the bay for £108 used but looks like new
and with the vibe but i have removed the tang things sticking out the ends