Hello everyone, just signed up after being shown this forum by a member of another forum! Thought I'd show you my rusty money pit.
This is how it sits at the minute, but there's still a long way to go!
Noel of NCB Autokraft fame built this E32 into full Alpina B11 spec when it was about 4 years old, using all new parts bought direct from Alpina.
Once completed, Noel sold it to my old man, and he used it for the next decade or so. When the car got to 100k miles, he took it off the road and replaced it with something else.
Many cars have come and gone, but my Dad could never bring himself to part with the E32. It's sat on my Grandmothers drive for around a decade, being practically unused.
Anyway, my Dad was finally forced to accept he wasn't going to use the 32 again and sent it to the garage to be recomisioned, ready for sale.
I enquired about the car, as I didn't really want to see it sold either, at which point I was told "If you want it, have it!"
So there we are, that's a bit of history about the car! Sorry to bore you haha, but as you can probably tell, very important car to me this one!
Plans at the minute:
Mild restoration as time and money allow, I want this looking the way it did the first time I saw it (Condition wise)
Stance. Need the front going down quite a lot! Currently researching E34 coilovers, any input welcome!
Rims. I don't think the splits that are on it suit it very well to be honest, I'm currently thinking about OZ Futuras in 17x 9 and 10j flavour!
Here's a few photo's of when I picked it up
I've got these to go on it, I thought the car deserved a set of 10j splits
And the plates are a bit manky, so I've had these made, my initials are OTDN for what it's worth haha:
After a wash
Looked much better, but up close the paint was like this:
Did a bit of this
Had a go with some plastidip on my trim. I messed the first piece up as I didn't prep the are at all and it didn't like the flakey surface underneath, but it was only a tester so I'm not too bothered.
The stuff is really good though, I'm really impressed with how simple it is to use, and I'm really impressed with how the back bumper has come out
Having second thoughts about this stuff now, as I've tried doing the front bumper three times and it's gone wrong, at £15 a can it gets expensive very quickly!
Then had a drama with the oil pressure light. I bought a Stack gauge for piece of mind, which confirmed the pressure was okay. Just chasing the electrical gremlins around now!
Tow bar off
Bought these to go on it:
KW Variant ones, with BC camber plates. Should have it sitting right!
And here's how she sits as of now! I'm running a bit low on motivation at the minute, and being a night worker I'm lucky if I see daylight at the minute, on the odd day it is dry, so progress is slow I'm affraid, but here's a few current pictures anyway!
Hope you like it!