Emil has been pestering me to start a project thread on my 328i Sport coupe that I purchased back in June . I picked the car up from Carlisle and managed to drive it back to York albeit with a front drivers side caliper seized on(kept pulling over to free it up).
The car has 103,000 miles and FSH and taxed till December.
On to some pics:
A quick photo of when I got it back to my brother's Marina for him to get his Mechanic to give it a once over.
The aim of the project is to get it back to OEM as best as possible.
So I decided to make a list of jobs that need doing and this is what I came up with:
Health check up at local BMW Indy
Replace exhaust tips
Respray front bumper
Purchase M3 front splitter
Address rust on rear arches
Repair scuffs to leather interior
Purchase BBS RC041/42 Alloys
Remove dent from front offside quarter panel
Purchase floor mats
Investigate passenger window not operating
Investigate whine from alternator
New inner and outer sill on drivers side
Infamous heater box seal replacement
Replace cracked scuttle panel
Possibly replace rear axle carrier mount
Both rear trailing arm bushes to replace
Replace N/S anti roll link rod
Replace O/S front brake caliper
Replace both front ABS sensors
New batteries to solder in for glove box torch
Re-colour centre armrest to light grey
Purchase first aid kit
Fit new window seals and side skirt gaskets
Purchase original BMW Cd player
Full wet sand detail
So just a small list really Some of the bits I've done already or purchased the parts already.
I was pleased to discover the original spare in the boot wearing a Michelin Pilot Sport......bonus!
The AC Schnitzer's will be going (not sure if they're reps or not yet) and will be replaced with these that I picked up locally on eBay.
The tyres aren't great but they are brand new so no complaints there.
First job was to get the car cleaned up to see what I was looking at. Steam cleaned the interior and gave the outside a wash before giving it a quick coat of Werkstat Prime followed by Acryllic to see it through the rest of the summer.
Quick 50/50 of the passenger seat
Passenger seat finished
Rear bench before
Rear bench after
Damaged drivers seat bolster that will need replacing at a retrimmers
Engine bay looking a bit sorry for itself
I'd noticed that the carpet felt slightly damp and after researching on here what might be the cause, I decided to pure some water down the front scuttle panel and watched it drip onto the ground......but some of it had found its way down the back of the dashboard.
I can only assume the heater box seal has failed so a new one was ordered with new 'o' rings for the A/C etc.
Interior being stripped out
Nice bit of rust on the drivers side
Looking a bit better after it's wash
While the carpet was out it received a full wet vac and didn't turn out too bad really.
And while I was bored before a night shift I phoned up Coopers and ordered this
And fitted......makes a massive transformation!
Thought I'd polish up the back box while I was there (OCD in me) using wire wool and good old Autosol.
Cleaned out the boot too
So the centre arm rest really annoys me being a different colour! I'd purchased some dye from Dynamix to re-dye the seats with and had plenty left over. The arm rest was rubbed down with 1200 grit and 5 layers of dye was applied. I'd filled any cracks with leather filler beforehand.
I'll post this now as I need a cuppa but will be back in a bit with more updates.
Any comments or criticism (constructive that is ) welcome!