After owning my 1.7CDTi Corsa for just over a year I decided to buy a 328i.
Here is a picture of the Corsa:
So about the 328.
It's a 1998 car in the stunning Techno Violet.
It's a very nice spec with the 18 button obc, sunroof, air conditioning, split folding rear seats and black Dakota leather in very good condition.
Its done 95k and has lots of mods including
- K&N Gen II Performance Induction
- M3 3.15 LSD
- B&M short shift kit
- Eibach pro springs
- Bilstein B8 shocks
- E46 M3 rear top mounts
- Z3 reinforcement plates
- All suspension bushings upgraded to powerflex polyurethane
- M3 evo brakes with floating discs 315mm diameter (Front)
- Brand new Performance Friction brake pads (Front & Back)
- Goodridge braided brake lines
- 6000k HID's with matching 6000k CCFL angel eyes
- Genuine GT2 Spoiler
- Genuine BMW fog light blanks painted techno violet
- M3 evo front splitter with GT corner splitters
- Genuine electric M3 mirrors
- Most exterior rubbers have been changed last year (Side windows, door handle surrounds and side skirt gaskets)
- Amber indicators
- Freshly painted side skirts
- Brand new rear bumper from BMW
- Brand new set of rear body mouldings from BMW
- Brand new rear diffuser from BMW
- Brand new chrome exhaust tips from BMW
- BBS RC041/042 with mirror polished lips and centre caps with the centres in BMW Titan silver and the bolts all chrome plated. Fitted with Richbrook short aluminium valves.
- Tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 3's all round in 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 rear
The first bit of progress was to change the induction boot this morning as the old one did this:
and get two new front tyres fitted as the old ones were bald on the inside edges and at about 1mm everywhere else
A week later and I have been driving as my daily for a week now and averaged 22mpg (according to OBC)
and been sideways in it a few times when pulling out of car parks and side roads :
So today I did a little bit of cleaning.
Took all the plastic parts out of the boot and gave them a clean (No pics though)
and got the spare wheel out and gave it a clean and polish.
Really they need removing and doing properly as the backs are terrible and corroded So I might do a full refurb in summer using a different colour for the centers and new bolts etc.
Also managed to give the interior a massive clean using All purpose cleaner, CarPro PERL and Autoglym Leather cleaner and balm.
Next step is to change the accelerator cable, Headlight bulbs, get it tracked, get it serviced and fit new BMW dealer numberplates.
I'm also on the look out for a cloth/Alacantara Vader interior and possibly remove the rear spoiler.