Realised I'd not got any pics up of my car!
This is my Oct 2000 BMW E38 728i; finished in Aspensilver metallic with very recently refurbished 18" Style 32 alloys:
A shot of the very straight forward engine bay:
Just replaced the OEM intake with a K&N Gen II 528i intake and getting a custom cold air feed and shield made and will fit in a few weeks so will update pics then (OEM intake had a hole in the bottom (looks like it'd been forced back into position or it was leant on etc...) :( Was causing erratic idling issues; have tried to source a 2nd hand one but had 3 and sent 3 back as they were damaged even though they were sold as 'immaculate'. Always the case with eBay! :( As I dont do many miles with working from home economy and/or power loss hasnt been an issue (and havent noticed a drop in either TBH)!
Everything as its stands is OEM and really the only things ill be changing to soon will be a front upper strut brace; Eibach lowering springs when I replace the front shocks (not needed yet) and I may go for some rear LED rear light clusters
I've had a lot of work done on it since I bought it in Sept 2012 (suspension stuff (rear end overhaul with KYB springs and Boge shocks plus new tophats), a few oil & oil filter changes, new front tyres, alloys fully refurbed in sparkle silver (stripped, acid dipped, powder coated and sparkle lacquer finish), new diff fluids and plugs, brake overhaul (Brembo discs all round; EBC Ultimax rear pads, EBC Redstuff pads upfront along with HEL stainless brake lines)
Just replaced the rad a few days ago as well (small hairline crack appeared under top hose connection) so sourced one through General Traffic for £85 Took it to my pals garage and we got it swapped over, refilled and bled in just over an hour
Car is now booked into the bodyshop for 03rd June for the following:
- Rear boot lid rust patch to be removed and resprayed (as well as a small patch under the boot catch to be removed and resprayed)
- NS wings to be resprayed due to small rust spots appearing (havent broken through the paint yet)
- NS wing mirror area to be resprayed as small rust patch has appeared under the wing mirror cowling
- Front OS wing to be resprayed (same issues as NS wings)
- Rear OS door to have a small patch of rust removed and resprayed on the very bottom corner
- OS sill at the rear has rotted through so that needs stripping and a patch welding in and then seam-sealed
Sounds a lot but everything (bar the sill repair) will come in around the £200 mark (only small areas to be sorted thank god) and I reckon the sill repair will be around another £100 (fingers crossed)
Other than that the cars solid and runs like a dream