I've copied this from another forum so sorry if it is a lot to ready and not ideal, but here you go...
So I have been the proud owner of this fine machine for all of about 6 weeks and thought I'd share my work with you all... If you care to read it...
I am new to the forum and hope to add some sort of value! The vehicle is a 318is automatic Coupe, 115k on the clock.
For starters it's not a fine machine, but a bit of an old heap, that being said I hope to resuscitate the vehicle back to some form of respectability. And work has already started.
This is how she stands
I don't have any photos of all the work done but fixed this far;
Exhaust refitted to stop it blowing as it was badly installed.
New serpentine belts.
Heater Control Valve refurbed.
Rear indicator sorted.
Radio fitted. New speakers to come.
Window stripped and refurbed.
And then of course the old battery drain issue threw this up...
After sorting it and spending a lot of time working out what sort of load I should be getting I am happy to say it is keeping charge nicely.
Next I noticed that there was a rattle/vibration coming from the engine bay that was not immediately identifiable, or I was blind, but turned out to be the serpentine belt tensioner damper. Again it turned out to be quite bad...
Anyway this is was all done and a first test Drive to Norfolk on a 300mile round and she performed well...
A few weeks ago I managed to complete some more work, no photos though...
1) Adjusted Handbrake
2) Jetwashed underside of car and stonechiped everything I could get to.
3) Jetwashed the wheel arches, very sitisfying job this, and all looks really good now.
4) Sorted out all the door rubbers and boot rubbers using Gummi, great little product that.
5) Cleaned the interior, including headlining whcih again was very satisfying job and came out really good, I can recommend Auotgylm interior shampoo for the headlining, it was filthy and now looks brand new.
6) Installed all new LED interior bulbs and this is a massive improvement in the dark, annoyingly my glovebox light is not working and I can not find why at all! Really getting to me no.
7) Overhauled powersteering pump and flushed system and sorted leaking pipework, also meant I could clean the underside of the engine bay too.
8) Changed timing chain tensioner... Could not be simpler!
I have lost my locking wheel nut key this week, frustrating as hell, if anyone knows where I can get a replacement for cheap please let me know...
Right think that's enough for one post... Another one to follow!