Coding/INPA/NCS Expert help?
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Stal1878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    11,039
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    E39 528i Sport
    Engine
    M52TUB28
    Fuel
    Petroleum
    Thanks
    4,247
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 4,188 Posts


    Donate Please click the
    image to support
    BMWForums.info
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Coding/INPA/NCS Expert help?

    Hi chaps.

    I need to code a used airbag ECU/module into my car, I think I will need to use NCS Expert for this, but I don't have it, know where to get it or how to use it

    Does anyone have any links to a download, installation and use guides? From what I gather the airbag ECU will be the same process as other modules so doesn't need to be specific to that?

    Thanks for any help!

  2. #2
    But you can call me cat-snake.
    Site Admin
    Ferret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    7,602
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2001
    Model
    E46
    Engine
    330
    Fuel
    Momentum
    Thanks
    4,224
    Thanked 5,004 Times in 3,146 Posts


    @FAL is your man for coding the airbag module

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ferret For This Useful Post:

    Stal1878 (07-02-2016)

  4. #3
    Electrical Tinkerer
    Moderator
    FAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    342
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2006
    Model
    MINI Cooper S (R56)
    Engine
    N14B16A
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    683
    Thanked 493 Times in 221 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Stal1878 View Post
    I need to code a used airbag ECU/module into my car, I think I will need to use NCS Expert for this, but I don't have it, know where to get it or how to use it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    @FAL is your man for coding the airbag module
    Sure, i'm happy to help.
    You say that you don't have NCS, but do you have INPA? (and an interface/cable?)

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FAL For This Useful Post:

    simonsays (05-02-2016),Stal1878 (07-02-2016)

  6. #4
    The name is Derek but people call me Derek.
    BFI Hero
    DerekJr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    1,457
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    E39 523i
    Engine
    M52TUB25
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked 672 Times in 421 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Stal1878 View Post
    Hi chaps.

    I need to code a used airbag ECU/module into my car, I think I will need to use NCS Expert for this, but I don't have it, know where to get it or how to use it

    Does anyone have any links to a download, installation and use guides? From what I gather the airbag ECU will be the same process as other modules so doesn't need to be specific to that?

    Thanks for any help!
    Does the used replacement airbag module have the same part number as the one you are replacing?

  7. #5
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Stal1878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    11,039
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    E39 528i Sport
    Engine
    M52TUB28
    Fuel
    Petroleum
    Thanks
    4,247
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 4,188 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by FAL View Post
    Sure, i'm happy to help.
    You say that you don't have NCS, but do you have INPA? (and an interface/cable?)
    Hi mate

    Yea I have INPA and a cable that it works with! It worked on my E46 using the OBD2 port inside and it seems to work with this E39 using the round "pacman" connection under the bonnet. This E39 has both ports(bonnet and drivers dash).

    Edit: Sorry I didn't reply sooner @FAL

  8. #6
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Stal1878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    11,039
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    E39 528i Sport
    Engine
    M52TUB28
    Fuel
    Petroleum
    Thanks
    4,247
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 4,188 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJr. View Post
    Does the used replacement airbag module have the same part number as the one you are replacing?
    No it doesn't mate, I tried to get one that did as some say it doesn't need coding then, but there seems to be so many different ones about I think I have a very low chance!
    From what I kinda know this one I have should be able to be coded to the car(hopefully), it wasn't to expensive at 13 posted.

  9. #7
    The name is Derek but people call me Derek.
    BFI Hero
    DerekJr.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Portsmouth, England
    Posts
    1,457
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    E39 523i
    Engine
    M52TUB25
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    633
    Thanked 672 Times in 421 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Stal1878 View Post
    No it doesn't mate, I tried to get one that did as some say it doesn't need coding then, but there seems to be so many different ones about I think I have a very low chance!
    From what I kinda know this one I have should be able to be coded to the car(hopefully), it wasn't to expensive at 13 posted.
    Ahh i see! When I replaced my airbag module, the replacement one had the same part number and it didn't need coding. All I did was erase the errors that were on the replacement used one and it turned my airbag light off

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to DerekJr. For This Useful Post:

    FAL (21-02-2016)

  11. #8
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Stal1878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    11,039
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    E39 528i Sport
    Engine
    M52TUB28
    Fuel
    Petroleum
    Thanks
    4,247
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 4,188 Posts


    Damn I wish I could find one with the same numbers!

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •