Car in question is:
- 1995 E36 328 Coupe - 186K miles and gas
- Mechanically sound, cosmetically rough (passenger door and roof are mint, every other panel has cosmetic rust)
- Unmarked Style 32 wheels, 6mm+ tyres all around
- Cruise, LSD, OBC, great interior, everything works except headlamp washers - You get the idea
Now obviously the wheels are worth more than the car
- 2012 - aircon was poor, had it re-gassed, was told it had no leaks. 1 week later system doesn't work
- I am told this is normal, seals hold some pressure so the re-gas basically kills it
- 2013 Bought a top up kit from ********* but the trigger valve was no good so put it on one side
- 2014 Yesterday - took trigger to ******** and they swapped it, system still not empty, one squirt raised pressure enough to make aircon clutch engage. However, could not get it effectively cooling
- Today it had dropped too low to work, one squirt and working again, so obviously seals not holes as it holds some pressure
So based on the car and the above I think it is not worth spending on a compressor - most likely source of leaks - or dryer.
- Throw some more top up in?
- Throw some sealer in , then some top up?
- Did top up work for you?
- Did sealer plus top up work for you?
- Give up?