E46 Cup Holders
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: E46 Cup Holders

  1. #1
    BFI Hero
    Nathb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,865
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2004
    Model
    E46
    Engine
    330Ci
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 782 Posts


    Donate Please click the
    image to support
    BMWForums.info
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    E46 Cup Holders

    What do you guys do regarding cup holders??

    I've got this setup (arm rest is in the upright position).


    But I can't really afford to lose the middle phone button?

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Moderator
    simonsays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    11,872
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2003
    Model
    E46 Coupe
    Engine
    330i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    12,803
    Thanked 7,168 Times in 5,450 Posts


    Easy give the cup to the gf to hold

    Not sure how the pair button is wired up Nath but if it's just 2 wires move it to the back of the cubby?
    Sent from my GT-I9100

  3. #3
    BFI Hero
    Nathb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,865
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2004
    Model
    E46
    Engine
    330Ci
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 782 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    Easy give the cup to the gf to hold

    Not sure how the pair button is wired up Nath but if it's just 2 wires move it to the back of the cubby?
    Sent from my GT-I9100
    She get's frustrated holding my coffee and hers.

    I don't understand why the button on the steering wheel can't pair a phone?!

    I suppose I could just relocate the button then?

    and buy one of these:
    Genuine BMW Cup Holder And Tray, BMW 3 Series E46 | eBay
    or
    BMW E46 3 SERIES FRONT CUP AND COIN HOLDER TRAY UNIT NEW OEM STOCK | eBay

  4. #4
    Moderator
    simonsays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    11,872
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2003
    Model
    E46 Coupe
    Engine
    330i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    12,803
    Thanked 7,168 Times in 5,450 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Nathb View Post
    She get's frustrated holding my coffee and hers.

    I don't understand why the button on the steering wheel can't pair a phone?!

    I suppose I could just relocate the button then?

    and buy one of these:
    Genuine BMW Cup Holder And Tray, BMW 3 Series E46 | eBay
    or
    BMW E46 3 SERIES FRONT CUP AND COIN HOLDER TRAY UNIT NEW OEM STOCK | eBay
    Me neither Nath but thats the way it is if you lift the tray you'll see how the pair button is wired, I suspect its just 2 wires, then when you order the cupholder unit cut a slot in the cubby that sits behind the holders to relocate the button?

    Have you tried forum vendor Harry Fairbairn for a quote on the part?


  5. #5
    BFI Hero
    Nathb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,865
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2004
    Model
    E46
    Engine
    330Ci
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 782 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    Me neither Nath but thats the way it is if you lift the tray you'll see how the pair button is wired, I suspect its just 2 wires, then when you order the cupholder unit cut a slot in the cubby that sits behind the holders to relocate the button?

    Have you tried forum vendor Harry Fairbairn for a quote on the part?

    Yeah I think that's going to be the route I take then!

    Yeah may give them a shout,
    It's part numbers:
    51168217953 - 29.51
    51168217957 - 19.31
    So with 15% off - 41.50

    Worth it, if even for only my ears.

    How're you doing by the way? Seems like ages since we last talked.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    simonsays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    11,872
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2003
    Model
    E46 Coupe
    Engine
    330i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    12,803
    Thanked 7,168 Times in 5,450 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Nathb View Post
    How're you doing by the way? Seems like ages since we last talked.
    Ok mate, just been mad busy at work, all should revert back to normal next week tho and you?

  7. #7
    BFI Hero
    Nathb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,865
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2004
    Model
    E46
    Engine
    330Ci
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 782 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    Ok mate, just been mad busy at work, all should revert back to normal next week tho and you?
    I'm good thanks. Moved back from Leeds now unfortunately, really missing living there.

    Just waiting for a phone call from my second job, when they have got me a car, then I can start.

    Thinking of doing something a little drastic to my car for summer.
    Last edited by Nathb; 05-07-2012 at 15:43.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    simonsays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    11,872
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2003
    Model
    E46 Coupe
    Engine
    330i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    12,803
    Thanked 7,168 Times in 5,450 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Nathb View Post
    I'm good thanks. Moved back from Leeds now unfortunately, really missing living there.

    Just waiting for a phone call from my second job, when they have got me a car, then I can start.

    Thinking of doing something a little drastic to my car for summer.
    You finished at Leeds now then Nath?

    Probably be some plastic mundane euro offering but I'm sure the experience will be worth it & they pay too

    You thinking of wrapping it another colour or putting a derv engine in there

  9. #9
    BFI Hero
    Nathb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,865
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2004
    Model
    E46
    Engine
    330Ci
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    564
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 782 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    You finished at Leeds now then Nath?

    Probably be some plastic mundane euro offering but I'm sure the experience will be worth it & they pay too

    You thinking of wrapping it another colour or putting a derv engine in there
    Still working there at the weekends, well most. I'm off every other Saturday now

    Not sure, I'll text you with what I end up with it ha.

    Dammit, I was thinking of "dipping" my car in white.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    simonsays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    11,872
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2003
    Model
    E46 Coupe
    Engine
    330i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    12,803
    Thanked 7,168 Times in 5,450 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Nathb View Post
    Dammit, I was thinking of "dipping" my car in white.
    que?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •