Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    BFI Veteran
    M3 tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    2,063
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1998
    Model
    M3 evo vert
    Engine
    3.2 m3
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 792 Posts


    Donate Please click the
    image to support
    BMWForums.info
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    Hi all as you know I've a small fetish with beemers.i have a quarry business were my so called partner did a bunk and left me with the debt .business is still going ok but my ex business partner has re appeared at my main customer,cut a long story short ill take it to court he's not got a leg to stand on.
    Problem is business is Ruthless and he got us the original contract.

    So back to the question I know a few of you forum members buy,sell and break beemers I was thinking of sticking to what I know sports and m's only.

    Cr m tech,jankes and quarry motors seem to do ok from it so I can't see why I can't,any opinions appreciated as brutally honest as you want.

  2. #2
    BMW god and all round funny guy, who happens to be a photoshop genius
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Lee_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Posts
    6,260
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1994
    Model
    325i
    Engine
    2.5
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,364
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,511 Posts


    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    I think it's a good idea, plenty of money to be made if you get the cars at the right prices, in order to make a decent earning off it though you would need to break quite a few cars

  3. #3
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Stal1878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Somerset
    Posts
    11,036
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    E39 528i Sport
    Engine
    M52TUB28
    Fuel
    Petroleum
    Thanks
    4,247
    Thanked 5,049 Times in 4,188 Posts


    A lot of work to be doing it part time?

  4. #4
    BFI Veteran
    M3 tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    2,063
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1998
    Model
    M3 evo vert
    Engine
    3.2 m3
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 792 Posts


    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_h View Post
    I think it's a good idea, plenty of money to be made if you get the cars at the right prices, in order to make a decent earning off it though you would need to break quite a few cars
    I'm not gonna stop my quarry work,just need to back myself up.e36 m3's are worth more in parts than one piece.i reckon I know quite a bit now about them. I can strip them in my shop and have got storage options too.

  5. #5
    BMW god and all round funny guy, who happens to be a photoshop genius
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Lee_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Posts
    6,260
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1994
    Model
    325i
    Engine
    2.5
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,364
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,511 Posts


    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    Quote Originally Posted by M3 tim View Post
    I'm not gonna stop my quarry work,just need to back myself up.e36 m3's are worth more in parts than one piece.i reckon I know quite a bit now about them. I can strip them in my shop and have got storage options too.
    Well you have to look at it as though, is the time and effort going to be worth the amount of money you will make breaking the odd car in your spare time?

  6. #6
    BFI Veteran
    M3 tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    2,063
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1998
    Model
    M3 evo vert
    Engine
    3.2 m3
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 792 Posts


    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_h View Post
    Well you have to look at it as though, is the time and effort going to be worth the amount of money you will make breaking the odd car in your spare time?
    I'm thinking of testing it with an e36 m3 and see how it goes,I've bought BMW job lots before and it really is trickle profit, it takes a longish time to clear the initial investment

  7. #7
    BMW god and all round funny guy, who happens to be a photoshop genius
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Lee_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Posts
    6,260
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1994
    Model
    325i
    Engine
    2.5
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,364
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,511 Posts


    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    Quote Originally Posted by M3 tim View Post
    I'm thinking of testing it with an e36 m3 and see how it goes,I've bought BMW job lots before and it really is trickle profit, it takes a longish time to clear the initial investment
    Yeah so to make big bucks you would have to break a lot of cars
    Last edited by Lee_h; 14-10-2012 at 19:14.

  8. #8
    BFI Veteran
    M3 tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    2,063
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1998
    Model
    M3 evo vert
    Engine
    3.2 m3
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,094
    Thanked 1,270 Times in 792 Posts


    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee_h View Post
    Yeah so to make big bucks you would have to break a lot if cars
    I'm down to a 3 day week at the moment so it could be a good thing to drop onto.if I'm quiet it's there if I'm busy busy is good and ill work silly hours when I need to work ill work.as we all no you get no where thinking of doing shit.

  9. #9
    BMW god and all round funny guy, who happens to be a photoshop genius
    BFI God you need to get out more!
    Lee_h's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middlesbrough
    Posts
    6,260
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1994
    Model
    325i
    Engine
    2.5
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    1,364
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 1,511 Posts


    Thinking of breaking bmws, opinions wanted??

    Quote Originally Posted by M3 tim View Post
    I'm down to a 3 day week at the moment so it could be a good thing to drop onto.if I'm quiet it's there if I'm busy busy is good and ill work silly hours when I need to work ill work.as we all no you get no where thinking of doing shit.
    Give it a go mate and see how it goes

  10. #10
    Is an "asshole" apparently!
    Womble Super Moderator
    Kevin Whittaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Marford, Wrexham
    Posts
    6,454
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1988, 2007, 2008
    Model
    E30, E86, E91
    Engine
    325i SE, Z4 Si, 330 MSport
    Fuel
    Benzina
    Thanks
    2,047
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,239 Posts


    It's a pretty "cut throat" game and it takes a while to establish yourself, E36 M3's are getting "rare" now and it can take a while to get your investment back, people all want the same bits you tend to end up with a lot of "spares" that gather dust.

    Having said that, Chris @ CRM does make a pretty decent living I think, but he does build track/drift/rally/kit cars for people as well, not just breaking cars - he only started breaking them to fuel his requirement for rally spares - if you have the disposable income then have a go, just don't expect overnight money making machine - you can expect plenty of time wasters, tyre kickers and insulting foreigners though.....

    Wellington uses www.bmwforums.info - Wombles are never wrong..
    Please help to support the site by Donating Here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •