It’s been a mad Christmas for my motor – had some time off work and was visiting the parents which meant a trip to the BM Wizard for the following work;
Replace both front wings (rust!)
Inspection one service
Replace rear brake lines (rust!)
Fit HID kit
Fit angle eye kit
Replace all badges for carbon fibre style as they had started to fade
Replace external temp sensor
Replace” Hedgehog” resistor
Fit black kidney grills
What I did myself whilst he was hard at work – wrap my splitters in carbon fibre vinyl as they were looking very tired!
Picture of the splitters in place, we also ran a strip of the vinyl above them on both sides to cover up a crack in the bumper.
Kev (BM wizard hard at work)
Old wings (you can see why they needed doing!)
Rear side of one of the front wings
New wings, good result. These were used of a non runner got the pair for £125 and the colour is pretty much an exact match, the car was the same age.
The badges and grills
HID + Angle Eyes
Today as it was dryish I gave it a proper clean and detail – first time using a clay bar very impressed with the results, although I did use half of a £15 bar doing the car lol – easy to get carried away! Looks really good now, refusing to take it out at the moment until the roads dry out lol!
Shame they are all taken on an iPhone but not bad for a ten year old car with over 110k on the clock. Runs beautifully too!
Should really start a project thread I guess...