White collar boxing - 16 week training course...
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 101
  1. #1
    BFI Stalwart
    Jackmcl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    848
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1997, 2000
    Model
    E36, E39
    Engine
    328i (Turbocharged), 528i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 741 Times in 410 Posts


    Donate Please click the
    image to support
    BMWForums.info
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

    White collar boxing - 16 week training course...

    (Inspired by jrfty's '6 weeks to get stacked' thread...)

    My current project is.... ME!

    Last week, whilst at the pub with my boss and a few mates from the local boxing club,
    The boss decided it would be a good idea to enter me into their current 'training package'.

    Its a 500 fee for 16 weeks of training, (3 nights a week) ending with a 'White Collar' boxing night on March 23rd next year.

    The boss decided he'd be happy to pay 500 to put our company logo on me - most likely on the soles of my feet.
    The incentive to succeed is (In his words) "you lose, you're sacked!" I hope he's joking

    So, first session was Wednesday, and I'm still aching now! (really enjoyed it though)
    Next session tomorrow morning, and i've got 16 weeks to transform myself - bearing in mind i have never boxed before (did a bit of Kung-Fu and Jujitsu as a kid, many many years ago)

    Wish me luck!!!!

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jackmcl For This Useful Post:

    jrfty (24-11-2012),Niall_farley (07-02-2013),simonsays (24-11-2012),wanda (26-11-2012)

  3. #2
    BFI Stalwart
    m44lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    south wales
    Posts
    563
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1999
    Model
    e36
    Engine
    1.9
    Fuel
    petrol
    Thanks
    346
    Thanked 448 Times in 269 Posts


    good luck mate

    lee's supercharged 318is

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to m44lee For This Useful Post:

    Jackmcl (24-11-2012)

  5. #3
    Is an "asshole" apparently!
    Womble Super Moderator
    Kevin Whittaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Marford, Wrexham
    Posts
    6,454
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1988, 2007, 2008
    Model
    E30, E86, E91
    Engine
    325i SE, Z4 Si, 330 MSport
    Fuel
    Benzina
    Thanks
    2,047
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,239 Posts


    Good luck with that.....

    Wellington uses www.bmwforums.info - Wombles are never wrong..
    Please help to support the site by Donating Here

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin Whittaker For This Useful Post:

    Jackmcl (24-11-2012)

  7. #4
    BFI Veteran
    jrfty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,154
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2004
    Model
    E46
    Engine
    330ci
    Fuel
    V-Power
    Thanks
    910
    Thanked 1,272 Times in 895 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcl View Post
    (Inspired by jrfty's '6 weeks to get stacked' thread...)

    My current project is.... ME!

    Last week, whilst at the pub with my boss and a few mates from the local boxing club,
    The boss decided it would be a good idea to enter me into their current 'training package'.

    Its a 500 fee for 16 weeks of training, (3 nights a week) ending with a 'White Collar' boxing night on March 23rd next year.

    The boss decided he'd be happy to pay 500 to put our company logo on me - most likely on the soles of my feet.
    The incentive to succeed is (In his words) "you lose, you're sacked!" I hope he's joking

    So, first session was Wednesday, and I'm still aching now! (really enjoyed it though)
    Next session tomorrow morning, and i've got 16 weeks to transform myself - bearing in mind i have never boxed before (did a bit of Kung-Fu and Jujitsu as a kid, many many years ago)

    Wish me luck!!!!
    Good luck.

    How are you going to keep us updated? Are you going to post 3 times a week?

    Johann
    Eibach Sportline springs, Powerflex bushes, 8.5j/10j 19" Matt black VMR V710s 235/265 Vredestein Ultralac Sessanta, All black badges, 35% tint, black front grille, lamin-x tint film on front & rear lights, 55W 7.5k HIDs, Orion V2 halo LED angel eyes, Cree reverse bulbs, 18SMD number plate lights, smoked side markers, keyhole delete, K&N panel filter, private plate, bwchiptune ecu remap. http://youtu.be/atvGNof4iB0

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jrfty For This Useful Post:

    Jackmcl (24-11-2012)

  9. #5
    Moderator
    simonsays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    11,872
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2003
    Model
    E46 Coupe
    Engine
    330i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    12,803
    Thanked 7,168 Times in 5,450 Posts


    Hope it all goes well, please keep us updated Jack

    personally I'd rather have a 500 rise plus I'd be seriously cheesed off having to keep in trim over the xmas hols , no willpower see

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to simonsays For This Useful Post:

    Jackmcl (24-11-2012)

  11. #6
    BFI Stalwart
    Jackmcl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    848
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1997, 2000
    Model
    E36, E39
    Engine
    328i (Turbocharged), 528i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 741 Times in 410 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by jrfty View Post
    Good luck.

    How are you going to keep us updated? Are you going to post 3 times a week?

    Johann
    Keep you lot updated 3 times a week!?!?!
    (Even the missus doesn't get that much attention!)

    A regular weekly update, or significant event/development will be reported when I can...

  12. #7
    BFI Stalwart
    Jackmcl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    848
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1997, 2000
    Model
    E36, E39
    Engine
    328i (Turbocharged), 528i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 741 Times in 410 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by simonsays View Post
    Hope it all goes well, please keep us updated Jack

    personally I'd rather have a 500 rise plus I'd be seriously cheesed off having to keep in trim over the xmas hols , no willpower see
    Warming up into it over Xmas - dig in hard in the new year I guess...

    After 16 weeks boxing training, I hope I'll be tough enough to beat a 500 raise out of the boss (maybe he didn't think this through!)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackmcl For This Useful Post:

    simonsays (30-11-2012)

  14. #8
    BFI Stalwart
    Jackmcl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    848
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1997, 2000
    Model
    E36, E39
    Engine
    328i (Turbocharged), 528i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 741 Times in 410 Posts


    Well I'm a week into it now, and feeling great (sort of....)

    Completely unrelated to the boxing training, I've had a dicky knee for a few months now, was hoping the dull ache would just phase out.
    Unfortunately not.
    The wife has been badgering me to go and see the doctor for a few weeks but I kept putting it off; until this week.
    The quack thinks I've torn cartiledge in my knee and is sending me for an MRI scan to confirm.
    May have to have surgery - hopefully this wont get in the way of training

    On a good note though, I've lost a few inches of belly fat already!

  15. #9
    Moderator
    simonsays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    11,872
    Car Specs:
    Year
    2003
    Model
    E46 Coupe
    Engine
    330i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    12,803
    Thanked 7,168 Times in 5,450 Posts


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmcl View Post
    The quack thinks I've torn cartiledge in my knee and is sending me for an MRI scan to confirm.
    May have to have surgery - hopefully this wont get in the way of training
    fraid it will mate I had some of mine removed via keyhole surgery mid October, admittedly I'm a good few years older than you,
    and I've still got swelling plus restricted movement, running on it just isn't an option!
    The surgeon who did the op said repairing them usually meant longer recovery periods as the stitched pieces have to grow back together!

    Lets hope it isn't as bad as that Jack, fingers X'd for you

  16. #10
    BFI Stalwart
    Jackmcl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands
    Posts
    848
    Car Specs:
    Year
    1997, 2000
    Model
    E36, E39
    Engine
    328i (Turbocharged), 528i
    Fuel
    Petrol
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 741 Times in 410 Posts


    Great news!!!!!
    Knee cartiledge not torn, just 'bruised' apparently.
    Means I don't have to have surgery (thank God!)
    The downside is there's no real fix, just painkillers and regular exercise.
    Had a bit of acupuncture, which really helped surprisingly.

    On a bad note, took a real hit at training tonight.
    Wifey's not happy with the state of my face - nor will the boss be tomorrow methinks!
    I'll post a photo when I can get photobucket working on my iPad (damn ios6 update!)

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackmcl For This Useful Post:

    simonsays (08-01-2013)

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •