So as requested here is my 300ZX project thread. I wanted one of these since I was a kid and vowed to have one at some point. I bought this stock UK spec car in 2008
Unfortunatley I didn't do my homework properly and she wasn't as good as she looks, the dreaded tin worm had attacked and over the next 18 months she slowly rotted from the inside out, she was sacrificed so another can live on haha.
So in March 2010 i bought this blue one, a 1991 JDM, imported in 2004 she had a rare full blue interior. The previous owners had done some tastefull upgrades including wheels, exhaust and an uber rare AbFlug type 2 spoiler, there is only 3 known examples in the UK. These were taken as I got her.
Looks ok but the drama was under the bonnet in the form of oily smoke from the exhausts. It was sold to me as knackered PCV valves, problem was this was masking the real issue of buggered turbos!
So I bought these off the forum, Garrett GT2871R turbos, AMS manifolds and Labree downpipes. Sorry no pics fitted but my engine builder said the engine was in good nick and has had some work done to the heads at some point, result. At the same time got him to fit 3" de-cat test pipes. They are mated to a JWT cat back exhaust.
After 4 months in Afghanistan I bought this lot, secondhand KYB AGX shocks and Eibach springs, new Wolfrace 18" alloys and a full complement of Driftworks suspension.
Fitted, no pics of the rears for some reason!
300ZX brakes are not the best and the OEM kit looked crap behind the new wheels so got these on ebay for a steal. Brembo Maserati 4200 callipers, got a machine shop to make me some brackets and used 350Z 324mm discs. The calipers have been cleaned, overhauled and painted.
More power was next, secondhand PACE intercoolers came up cheap on the forum so on they went
Fitted a new uprated rad with polished pipes and metal rad pipes, some intercooler hard pipes and stainless fuel lines. Deleted a lot of the crap Nissan filled the bay with and fitted a brand new engine loom. Painted the cambelt covers and throttle cable cover. Gave it a good clean and its starting to get there now.
In December the car got flooded upto the numberplate, that put the project on hold as I went to Afghanistan again in January till end of May. She now needs to be stripped back, cleaned and rebuilt.
Thats about it for now, hope your not too bored haha. I'll update as I have a garage full of stuff to fit.